Zemas Gluten-Free Spice Cake
Zemas Sweet Potato Spice Cake is a delicious and healthy way to spice up any party or holiday!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Peruvian Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- ¾ c. milk of choice (coconut, diary, almond)
- 3 T. butter (diary-free, regular)
- ¾ c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 3 T. oil of choice (grapeseed, coconut)
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground ginger
- ¼ t. ground clove
- ½ t. ground nutmeg
- ½ t. baking powder
Vanilla Maple Glaze
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 T. Blis Vanilla Maple Syrup (pure maple syrup)
- 1 T. milk of choice (coconut, diary, almond)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat oil, butter and palm sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape down the bowl after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla and pumpkin, mix until combined, again making sure to scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- With the mixer on low, alternately add Zemas mix in 3 parts and milk in 2, beginning and ending with the mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing it out.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- As the cake bakes, begin the Vanilla Maple Glaze.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the Glaze.
- Once the cake is cool, invert it onto a plate and drizzle with Vanilla Maple Glaze.
For Vegan Spice Cake
- 1 chia egg* (egg replacer)
- ¾ cup pumpkin
- Follow the recipe and bake for 55 minutes.
- Please note that the vegan version will be more dense and not rise as high.
- *For a chia egg, mix ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Love Zemas Sweet Potato Spice Cake, try Zemas gluten-free Spice Cookies recipe. Same great taste but on the go!
Zemas Madhouse Foods https://zemasfoods.com/