Zemas Gluten-Free Zucchini Fries
A great side dish at dinner or addition to your football party, Zemas Zucchini Fries are a crowd pleaser.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Rosemary Millet Focaccia & Pizza Crust mix
- 2 medium-large zucchinis
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. sea salt
- oil of choice (grapeseed oil, non-GMO canola oil)
- In a wide pot heat oil to 350 degrees using a candy thermometer, approx 4-5 inches deep.
- Using pie dishes or shallow bowls create 3 stations. Pour ½ c. Zemas mix into the first dish.
- Whisk 2 eggs in second dish and in final dish mix remaining Zemas mix and sea salt.
- Cut zucchini in half and then into sticks.
- In batches of 6, dust the zucchini stick in the first dish, soak in the egg wash and allow the excess egg to drip off then finish off in the third dish.
- Gently place in hot oil and cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown. Take the first out and cut in half, zucchini should be tender, not mushy.
- Adjust cooking time as need based off first zucchini and repeat until all the zucchini is gone. Place cooked fries on a paper towel lined plate or cookie sheet to drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve with a choice of dips.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/