Zemas Gluten-Free Zucchini Cakes
Stop by your local farmer's market and switch up your lunch or dinner with Zemas Zucchini Cakes, a delicious and different way to get your veggies!
- ¾ c. Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg (egg replacer)
- ½ c. mozzarella cheese or shredded parmesan (dairy-free or regular)
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- olive or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash zucchini and shred using a cheese shredder (with skin on).
- Place shreds in the center of a dishtowel and squeeze excess water out over sink until all liquid is out.
- Place in a bowl and add Zemas mix, egg, cheese, and garlic. Mix well.
- Heat large pan over medium heat with oil at least ¼ inch deep.
- Place large dollops of zucchini mixture into pan and gently flatten.
- Cook 3-4 minutes each side until brown and crisp.
- Let oil drain off on paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store leftovers in fridge and reheat 1-2 minutes per side under a broiler.
- Want to mix it up? Try using carrots in the mix!
- Kids couldn't get enough of Zemas Zucchini Cakes then they will love Zemas gluten-free Turkey Pot Pie recipe!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/