Zemas Gluten-Free Whoopie Pies
Say Whoopee for Zemas ancient grain, gluten-free Whoopie Pies!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownie mix
- 10 oz water
- 1/2 c. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. mini chocolate chips (dairy-free chocolate chips)
Whipped Cream Filling
- 2 cans coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 6 T. maple syrup
- 2 t. vanilla
- Line a pan with parchment paper and spray the paper with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender combine black beans, vanilla and water.
- In a mixing bowl combine Zemas mix with the pureed mixture.
- Spoon a tablespoon of batter onto prepared pan, leaving about 1 ½ inches in between each piece.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes.
- While the cakes are baking scoop the solid coconut out of the can, leaving the liquid behind, into a mixing bowl fitted with a whip attachment.
- Whip on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in the maple syrup and vanilla from the Whipped Cream Filling ingredients and mix until combined.
- When the 10-12 minutes passed, take out of oven onto a cooling rack.
- Once cool, spoon a little dairy free whipped cream on the bottom of one cake and sandwich with another.
- Continue until you are done. Best eaten right away!
- Love Zemas Whoopie Pies? Try our gluten-free Whoopie Pie Pancakes recipe!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/