Zemas Gluten-Free Veggie Quiche
Head to the farmer's market for some fresh veggies and upgrade your quiche with a Zemas Multigrain crust, brunch just got a little healthier.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 8 T. cold butter (diary-free or regular)
- 1 egg (egg replacer)
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 T. ice cold water
- ½ t. sea salt
- ¼ t. black pepper
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. dried thyme
- 3 eggs and 3 egg whites
- 1 c. milk of choice (almond, rice, coconut, dairy)
- 1-2 T. oil of choice (coconut, olive, grapeseed)
- 2 c. fresh spinach
- 1 ½ c. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c. broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1 whole onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 375 degrees and spray tart pan with removable bottom with non-stick.
- In food processor pulse to combine Zemas mix with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme.
- Add in butter and pulse until mixture is coarse (approx. 35 pulses), and there are pea-sized pieces of butter throughout.
- Add egg and vinegar, pulse until combined (10 pulses). Slowly add 3 T. of cold water while pulsing 15 times. Touch dough to see if the dough holds together, if it does, do not add any more water. If not, add the final tablespoon and check again.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and flatted into disc shape, let the dough firm up in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Spray two pieces of parchment with non-stick spray.
- Once the dough is firm, roll out into a circle shape the size of your pie pan between the two pieces of parchment (non-stick sides touching the dough).
- Once rolled out, gently lay the dough into the tart pan and pat into the pan with slightly wet fingertips. Use a knife to get rid of excess dough (use extra to fill any holes or weak spots).
- Cover the tart pan and dough with parchment paper and use dried beans or pie weights to weigh down the dough for baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and uncover, bake an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Mix eggs, egg whites, and milk together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions until golden.
- Add the remaining vegetables except broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes on med-high stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic and broccoli, cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour vegetables into the crust, spreading them out evenly.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables. Bake the quiche for 30-35 minutes until firm to touch.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Was Zemas Veggie Quiche a hit? Try Zemas gluten-free Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes recipe for another breakfast favorite.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/