Zemas Gluten-Free Turtle Recipe
A cookie dipped in chocolate, with swirls of caramel and superfood ingredients...what else could be better? A scrumptious cookie for the holidays.
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie mix
- 3 T. oil of choice
- ¼ c. unsweetened applesauce
- ½ T. vanilla
- ½ c. caramel sauce*
- ½ c. + ¼ c pecans, chopped
- 1 c. chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl mix together the oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Add cookie mix to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Fold in ½ cup chopped pecans.
- To make cookies, roll dough into a 2-inch ball. Poke a hole into the ball of dough. Put a teaspoon of caramel into the well you created then slowly cover with more cookie. Using the palm of your hand, pat dough down into a circle shape on cookie sheet (it’s okay if some seeps out!).
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes. Let cool before dipping into chocolate
To make the melted chocolate
- Melt chocolate chips over double boiler or in the microwave.
- Dip the top of the cooled cookies into the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with reserved ¼ cup pecans or decorate with whole pecans.
- Let cool in refrigerator before serving.
- Tip: We used Date Lady caramel sauce.*
- If you liked this Turtle Cookie recipe, then you will love our gluten-free German Chocolate Cake recipe
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/