Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
Zemas Gluten-Free Turkey Pot Pie
Thanksgiving leftovers become an easy and delicious second dinner with Zemas Turkey Pot Pie recipe. Healthy and filling the whole family will be satisfied and you can use up what is in the fridge!
Pot Pie Filling
- 2 T. Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix (reserve the rest for biscuit topping)
- 3 c. cooked turkey, cut into chunks (leftover from Thanksgiving)
- 3 c. chicken broth (vegetable broth)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 c. oil of choice (olive, grapeseed)
- 1 ½ T. starch (tapioca, corn starch)
- ¾ c. frozen peas
- ¾ c. carrots, diced and steamed
- 1 ½ t. sea salt
- ½ t. pepper
Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix (minus the 2 T. used in the filling)
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 ½ T. baking powder
- 1 ½ t. xanthan gum
- 8 T. butter (diary-free or regular)
- 1 c. milk of choice (almond milk, dairy)
Pot Pie Filling
- In a stockpot heat olive oil on medium heat, add in the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in the 2 tablespoons mix and starch, heat for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the broth, then let simmer over medium-low heat until thickened.
- Fold in peas and carrots, and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the turkey and add any additional salt and pepper to your taste.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish then set aside while you prepare the biscuit topping.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients and whisk.
- Cut the butter into cubes and using your fingertips or a fork, “cut” in the butter until the mixture resembles cornmeal and there are small pea size pieces of butter throughout the mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon; mix in the milk until the mixture comes together.
- Use a ¼ cup measure to scoop the biscuit mixture onto the top the turkey mixture.
- Brush the top of the biscuits with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Zemas Turkey Pot Pie is perfect for leftovers or a delicious weeknight meal. Love having Zemas for dinner then try Zemas gluten-free Yeast Risen Pizza recipe!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/