Zemas Gluten-Free Tomato Crisp
Savory and healthy, Zemas Tomato Crisp is a great side dish.
- 3 T. olive oil
- ½-3/4 c. onion chopped
- 10-12 medium-large tomatoes
- 2-3 T. garlic chopped
- ¼ c. fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ t. sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- ¼ -½ t. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 c. Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- ½ t. salt
- ½ c. gluten-free oats
- ½ c. parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ c. butter, cold (dairy-free or regular)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray an 8x8 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil on medium-high heat, once hot throw in the onion and tomatoes, cook for about 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to a medium-low setting and add in the garlic. Cook down until most of the water from the tomatoes has evaporated; this may take a while.
- As the tomatoes cook down, in a large bowl combine 1 c. of Zemas mix, salt, oats, parsley and garlic from Base Ingredients.
- Cut in the butter and mix until incorporated throughout, the mixture should look like coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Once the tomato mixture looks done, turn off heat, and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Put the tomato mixture into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping over the tomatoes evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, and broil for another 5-10 minutes or until browned.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/