Zemas Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing
Zemas Thanksgiving Stuffing is made with ancient grains and Zemas superseed trio, all of the classic flavor tailored to your family's needs.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- ¼ c. oil of choice (grapeseed, olive)
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. water
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- ¼ c. egg whites (egg replacer)
- 4 T. butter (regular or dairy-free)
- 2 eggs (egg replacer)
- 2 c. chicken stock, low sodium (vegetable stock)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, small and diced
- ½ c. celery, diced
- ½ c. carrots, diced
- 1 t. fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 c. roasted chestnuts, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
Stuffing Base (Day One)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 12x8x1 jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and pour into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to go stale on a wire cooling rack overnight.
Stuffing (Day Two)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut staled Stuffing Base into 1-inch cubes and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toast for 10 minutes, remove, and cool.
- In large skillet heat olive oil and sauté onion, carrots, celery and chestnuts until onions are translucent.
- Place veggies in a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Once mixed, add toasted bread cubes and gently fold using a rubber spatula.
- Allow to sit 2-3 minutes so the bread cubes can soak up the liquid.
- Gently pour into casserole dish and dot with butter on top.
- Bake 25 minutes, lower oven temp. to 350 and bake an additional 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remove and serve.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Zemas Thanksgiving Stuffing is a classic side. This holiday also whip up Zemas Drop Biscuits for an easy and gluten-free dinner roll replacement.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/