Zemas Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Carrot Muffins
Zemas Sweet Potato Carrot muffins make a power packed breakfast for your family or a delicious after school snack.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Peruvian Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 ½ c. carrot, grated (about 2 large)
- ¾ c. milk of choice (almond, rice, coconut, dairy)
- 2 eggs (egg replacer)
- ½ c. pure maple syrup (add 3 T. more for a sweeter muffin)
- 1/3 c. oil of choice (grapeseed, coconut)
- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 T. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ t. xanthan gum
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- ½ c. raisins (optional)
- 1 T. palm sugar, for dusting on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine Zemas mix and xanthan gum, set aside.
- In a second bowl whisk together all liquid ingredients.
- Combine the liquid mixture with the dry then fold in carrots and walnuts(optional).
- Fill each tin ¾ full, sprinkle with palm sugar and bake 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the muffins are done.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Love Zemas Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins then try Zemas gluten-free Pear Buckle recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/