Zemas Gluten-Free SunButter (or Peanut Butter) & Jelly Bars
A PB&J; on the go, this delicious bar makes a kid tested, mother approved after school snack or lunch time treat. Can easily substitute Sunbutter, almond butter or cashew butter!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- ¼ c. butter, room temp. (dairy-free or regular)
- 1 c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 2 eggs (egg replacer)
- 1/3 c. oil of choice (grapeseed, olive, coconut)
- 1 c. Sunbutter (almond butter, creamy peanut butter)
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. fruit-juice sweetened strawberry jam (blueberry, raspberry, etc)
- 2/3 c. salted peanuts, chopped (roasted sunflower seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand up mixture with paddle attachment combine butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter until combined.
- In a second bowl mix Zemas mix with sea salt.
- Slowly add dry mix to wet until fully combined.
- Line brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Spread 2/3 of the mix into the lined pan evenly.
- Spread the jam on top.
- With remaining dough drop small globs on top (they will spread out when baked) and sprinkle with chopped peanuts or sunflower seeds.
- Bake 27 minutes for a soft and chewy bar. For a harder crust add 5 minutes to the bake time.
- For clean, easy cutting, freeze bars first. They are also delicious right out of the freezer or dipped in chocolate.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Love Zemas easy grab and go SunButter & Jelly bars? Try Zemas gluten-free SunButter Cookie Dough balls recipe! Great for topping off your favorite ice cream.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/