Zemas Gluten-Free Savory Fried Egg Waffles with Avocado Cream
A delicious way to start the day, enjoy midday or top off a day. Savory flavors, spicy arugula and nutrient dense ancient whole grains leave you satisfied and fueled for whatever is next on your routine.
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 egg (or egg replacer)
- 1 1/3 c. or milk of choice
- 3 T. oil of choice
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 2-4 c. Arugula
- 4 eggs, cooked sunny side up, or to your preference(you may need more eggs depending on your wafflemaker).
- 2 avocados
- Juice from one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 c. water, added in 1 T. at a time
- Pre-heat waffle maker.
- Spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add entire mix into wet mixture and combine thouroughly.
- Follow instructions on waffle maker.
- Place waffles on baking sheet.
- In a blender combine all the ingredients and puree.
- Add in more water until desired consistency is reached.
- Assemble by placing one waffle on a plate.
- Top with the egg
- Followed by a small handful of arugula.
- Finish with a drizzle of avocado puree.
- For a vegan option, try using scrambled tofu instead of the fried egg.
- If you enjoyed these Zemas Gluten-Free Savory Fried Egg Waffles, then be sure to check out this gluten-free Cheesy Herb Waffles recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/