Zemas Gluten Free Rhubarb Crisp
It's almost springtime and we're getting a head start celebrating with this delicious sweet and sour gluten-free Rhubarb Crisp. Rhubarb is full of dietary fiber, vitamin C, B complex vitamins, calcium, potassium and so much more.
- ¾ cup of Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix
- ½ c. +2 T sugar, divided(sugar of choice)
- ½ c. oats(old fashioned, not instant cooking)
- 6 T. butter(regular or vegan)
- 2-2 ½ lbs. rhubarb, (fresh or frozen)washed, trimmed and cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 T. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the rhubarb with ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of Zemas mix and lemon juice.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the remaining Zemas mix, butter, remaining sugar and oats.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the mixture on top of rhubarb.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Whip up a batch of Coconut Whipped Cream to top it off with.
- Take 1-2 cans of full-fat coconut milk and place in the refrigerator over night.
- Remove only the solid white part of the coconut milk and place in a stand up mixer.
- Add 1-2 T. pure maple syrup(can add more to taste as needed).
- Whip on high until light and fluffy.
- Keep in refrigerator until using.
- If you enjoyed this delicious Rhubarb Crisp, then you will love our
- gluten-free Blackberry Coconut Crisp recipe. You can use the rest of the mix here!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/