Zemas Gluten-Free Raspberry Chocolate Biscotti
Housewarmings and holiday parties just got a little sweeter with Zemas Raspberry Chocolate Biscotti, share with friends or enjoy them with a cup of tea.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 2 T. oil of choice or melted butter (grapeseed, coconut)
- ¼ c. + 1 T. pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs (egg replacer)
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 .35 oz bag of freeze-dried raspberries, ground
- 2 bars dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 t. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- ½ c. sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat over to 325 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Grind freeze dried raspberries using a coffee grinder in batches (or food processor).
- In a mixing bowl combine grapeseed oil, date syrup, eggs (or chia egg), and vanilla. Whisk until combined then whisk in Zemas mix.
- Fold in ground freeze dried raspberries, dark chocolate, and the seeds/nuts (optional).
- Split the biscotti dough into two equal halves and place them on the parchment-lined trays.
- Wet fingertips lightly and shape each of the halved into 2 logs, approximately 12 inches long and 3 inches wide. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake logs for 20 minutes, then remove and cool for 15 minutes.
- While cooling reduce oven temp to 300 degrees.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the logs into pieces about ½ inch wide and lay them flat on the cookies sheet.
- Bake for an additional 12-15 minutes then remove, flip them, bake another 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
- For a delicious vegan and gluten-free dark chocolate bar we recommend NibMor Dark Chocolate bars with cocoa nibs.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Think Zemas Raspberry Chocolate Biscotti is a great treat then try Zemas gluten-free Dipped Chocolate Cookie recipe!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/