Pumpkin Tart Recipe
Zemas Gluten-Free Pumpkin Tart
Traditional Pumpkin Pie has just gotten an upgrade with Zemas Pumpkin Tart made with our Peruvian Sweet Potato mix as the crust!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Peruvian Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle mix
- 3 T. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 8 T. cold butter (regular or dairy-free)
- 1 egg (egg replacer)
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 3-5 T. ice-cold water
- ¼ c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 2 ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. sea salt
- 2 eggs (egg replacer)
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- ¾ c. coconut milk (canned)
- In food processor combine Zemas mix and sugar, pulse until combined.
- Add in the butter, pulse until mixture is coarse, and there are pea-sized pieces of butter throughout.
- Add in the egg and vinegar and pulse until further combined.
- Slowly add 3 T of cold water and pulse 15 times. Touch the dough to see if it holds together. If it does, do not add any more water. If it does not, add the last tablespoon and check again.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and flatten into a disc shape, let firm up in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees degree and spray the tart pan that has a removable bottom with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spray two pieces of parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- Once the dough is firm roll out between the two pieces of parchment paper, the dough should be in between the sprayed sides. The dough may be slightly sticky, if so, use your hand to press into a circle shape.
- Once the dough is rolled out to a little bigger than the tart pan, lay it gently into the pan and pat into the pan and up the sides.
- Place a sheet of parchment over the top of the crust and cover with pie weights or dry beans and blind bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and set aside while you prepare the pumpkin filling and turn oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all the Pumpkin Filling ingredients into a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour into pre-baked tart crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes, or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. If the edges of the tart start getting to brown cover with a piece of foil.
- Cool on wire rack for at least 2 hours but preferably 4 hours so it can set up.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Love Zemas twist on a classic recipe then try Zemas gluten-free Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe made with Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/