Zemas Gluten-Free Panzanella Salad
Trade in a plain green salad for Zemas Panzanella Salad, healthy and filling it's a delicious option.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- ¼ c. oil of choice (olive, grapeseed)
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. water
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- ¼ c. egg whites (egg replacer)
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and large-diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and large-diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- 2 t. minced fresh garlic
- 1 t. dried oregano
- ½ t. Dijon mustard
- ½ lb. feta cheese (optional)
- ½ cup Kalamati olives, pitted
- ¾ c. olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 12x8x1 jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and pour into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove and allow to go stale on a wire cooling rack overnight.
- Cube day old focaccia bread.
- Heat ¼ c. of the olive oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add the cubed bread and toss for 10 minutes, or until crispy. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix all veggies in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the vinegar, garlic, oregano and mustard and whisk together. Slowly whisk in the remaining 1/2 c. olive oil to create an emulsion.
- Add all ingredients to the veggies, drizzle with dressing and toss.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Love Zemas Panzanella Salad? Try Zemas gluten-free Meatball Hot Pockets recipe, another savory dish packed with Zemas ancient grains!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/