Zemas Gluten-Free Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
Get ready for summer with these healthy, dairy-free and vegan mini ice-cream sandwiches made using a banana based iced cream and our new ancient whole grain cookies. A sweet treat with superfood nutrition including teff, chia, hemp, flax and gluten-free oat flour.
- 1 box Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies (or any of our cookie flavors)
- Your choice of ice cream flavors below.
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Ingredients
- 2 bananas*
- 1 ½ T. unsweetened cocoa powder
Vegan strawberry Ice Cream Ingredients
- 2 bananas*
- 1 c. strawberry slices**
- 1 T. milk of choice
- *Peel and slice the bananas and strawberries.
- Place banana pieces in a freezer bag and strawberries in a freezer bag and freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Directions
- Place the frozen bananas and cocoa powder in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- This will take about 6-8 minutes to achieve the smooth consistency.
- Place ice cream into a freezer proof container and keep in freezer until ready to use.
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Directions
- Place frozen fruit in food processor and blend.
- Use milk to loosen up the fruit making it easier to blend.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place ice cream into freezer proof container and keep in freezer until ready to use.
Cookie sandwich assembly
- Take one cookie, scoop about one teaspoon of ice cream onto it and cover with another cookie. You can make as many mini ice cream sandwiches as you like.
- Once assembled, put them in a freezer safe container and keep in the freezer.
- Did your family love these awesome mini Ice Cream Sandwiches? Then they will want to try these gluten-free S'mores Cookie Cups recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/