Maple Bacon Donut recipe
Zemas Gluten-Free Maple Bacon Donuts
Bacon Lovers Unite sharing Zemas Maple Bacon Donuts! It's a little bit sweet, a little bit savory and definitely delicious. Allergy friendly and if you want, vegan too just swap out for your favorite vegan bacon.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Peruvian Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle mix
- ½ c. butter, melted (dairy-free or regular)
- ¼ c. oil of choice (grapeseed, olive, coconut)
- ¼ c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 2 eggs (egg replacer)
- 1 c. milk of choice (dairy, rice, almond)
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 c. crispy bacon, chopped up for topping (pork, turkey, or vegan bacon)
- 1 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 T. milk of choice (dairy, rice, almond)
- 2 T. butter (dairy-free or regular)
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together mix, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum.
- In another bowl whisk together butter, oil, vanilla, eggs and palm sugar.
- Working in three batches alternate adding the flour and milk into the egg mixture until everything is well combined.
- Spoon batter into donut well, or you can pipe the batter into the wells using a piping bag.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While Donuts are baking begin the glaze, in a saucepan heat the milk and butter.
- Remove from heat and add in maple syrup and powdered sugar.
- Whisk until smooth in consistency. Let cool slightly before using.
- If glaze becomes too thick, reheat and add another tablespoon of milk.
- Removed the donuts form the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Gently dip the donuts into the glaze or use a spoon to drizzle a layer over the donuts.
- Sprinkle with chopped bacon and enjoy!
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx 5 minutes)
- Love Zemas Maple Bacon Donuts then try one of Zemas other donut recipes such as our gluten-free Chocolate Cake Donut recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/