Zemas Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Scones
Zemas Lemon Blueberry Scones are a refreshing way to start the day, and perfect for a life on the go.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 4-5 T. fresh lemon juice, from one lemon
- 6 T. milk of choice (almond, rice, dairy)
- ½ c. dried blueberries
- ½ c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 2 t. grated lemon peel
- 1 egg (egg replacer)
- 2 t. baking powder
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. grated lemon peel
- ¼ c. & 1 T. powdered sugar
- Whisk until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together Zemas mix and baking powder; set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk the lemon juice, sugar, lemon peel, egg and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combine. Fold in the dried blueberries.
- Pour the dough onto the lined cookie sheet. Form it into an 8-inch circle.
- Bake for about 23 minutes. Pull it out of the oven and cut the circle into 8 triangle pieces.
- Spread the pieces out onto the cookie sheet and bake for another 4 minutes.
- While scones bake prepare the lemon glaze by whisking all the glaze ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Once the scones are cool drizzle with lemon glaze.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Love Zemas Lemon Blueberry Scones then try Zemas gluten-free Maple Scones recipe with Zemas Gluten-Free Peruvian Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle mix.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/