Zemas Gluten-Free Lemon Bars Recipe
Our delicious and healthy version of a family favorite. Lemony sweet with our easy to make cookie crust, no one will know this dessert is nutrient dense!
- 1 box Mini Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- 3-4 T. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 T. lemon zest
- 3/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 6 T. gluten-free all purpose flour
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 8x8 baking pan.
- In a food processor, ground up the cookies until they are fine crumbs.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and add to the cookie crumbs.
- Add in the shredded coconut and mix together.
- Pour cookie batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out and set on cooling rack and allow crust to completely cool for about 20 minutes.
- In a stand up mixer, mix all filling ingredients until well blended.
- Pour onto cooled cookie crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until there is no jiggle left in the filling.
- Cool completely before cutting (you can place in the fridge to set completely).
- If you enjoyed these yummy gluten-free Lemon bars, then check out these gluten-free Key Lime Bars recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/