Zemas Gluten-Free Jelly-Filled Donut Holes Recipe
Baked, not deep fried, make these delicious little nuggets super healthy, big on flavor and guarantees lots of smiles. Dust with powdered sugar or your fav glaze.
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix
- ½ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 1 t. xanthan gum
- ½ c. butter, melted (regular or dairy-free)
- ¼ c. oil of choice
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (or egg replacer)
- 1 c. milk of choice
- 1 c. strawberry jam(or flavor of choice)
- This recipe was made using a Baby Cakes machine but can easily be adapted to using a cake pop pan.
- Both options are given below.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together Zemas mix, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum.
- In another bowl, whisk together melted butter, oil, vanilla, eggs, maple syrup, sugar and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Coat the donut hole pans on top and bottom with non-stick baking spray(if using the Baby Cakes machine) and spoon batter into the bottom donut pan up to the top. If using a cake pop pan, lightly grease it and spoon batter up to the top as well.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes in the Baby Cakes machine(10-12 minutes in the cake pop pan) then pop them out onto a wire rack to cool.
How to fill the donut holes
- Fill a piping bag, fitted with a circle tip, with your favorite jam.
- Push the tip gently into the side of the donut hole without sqeezing jelly into it just yet. Here you are creating the hole for the jam first.
- Now pipe the jam into the donut hole leaving a small amount around the hole.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.
- Tip: also great dipped in chocolate fondue!
- If you liked these fun, delicious Jelly-Filled Donut Holes recipe, then you will love gluten-free Chocolate-Banana PB Donuts recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/