Zemas Gluten Free Jalapeno Grilled Cheese Waffles
The perfect savory grilled cheese sandwich with a nutritional update. Waffles full of ancient whole grains and superseeds, a hint of heat with jalapeños and melted cheese make this gluten-free Jalapeño Grilled Cheese Waffle your new bestie!
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 1/3 c. milk of choice
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 3 T. oil of choice
- 1 egg (egg replacer)
- ¼ c. jalapeno, (fresh or jarred)chopped
- 2 chicken sausage links, chopped into ½” pieces(or vegan sausages)
- 8-10 cheddar cheese slices (regular or vegan substitute)
- Butter for grill cheese(regular or vegan)
- Preheat waffle maker to medium and spray with non-stick cooking oil.
- In mixing bowl, combine all liquid ingredients.
- Add in Zemas entire mix and blend well.
- Fold in the jalapenos and sausage.
- Ladle ¼ c. batter into waffle maker and cook according to waffle directions.
- Once the waffles are made, tear them apart at the seam to make smaller pieces.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium heat.
- Put cheese slices in between two waffle pieces.
- Butter the skillet and place waffle sandwich on the butter, press down with a spatula or a heavier pan.
- Flip over the waffle sandwich and repeat on the other side.
- The grilled cheese is ready when both sides are browned and the cheese is melted.
- If you thought these were crazy good, then you'll love our gluten-free Bacon Pancake Dippers recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/