Hanukkah Latkes Recipe
Zemas Gluten-Free Hanukkah Latkes
Traditional Hanukkah Latkes that the whole family can enjoy using Zemas Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix.
- ¾ c. Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 baking potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 t. sea salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Oil for frying (grapeseed, olive, coconut, non-GMO canola oil)
- Grate the potatoes by hand and place in the center of a clean dish towel, wring out the excess water.
- In a mixing bowl combine potatoes, beaten eggs, Zemas mix, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil over medium heat. Oil should be approx. ½ inch deep so replenish as needed.
- Scoop about 2 heaping T. of potato mixture into pan and flatten slightly.
- Fry about 2-3 minutes per side until crisp and browned.
- Remove and place on a plate lined with a paper towel, serve and enjoy.
- For parties or large family events, pre-make and reheat on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper under a broiler for 1 min per side. Double the batch for a Hanukkah party!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/