Halloween Spiderweb Cake Recipe
Zemas Gluten-Free Halloween Spiderweb Cake
Spook up any party with Zemas Halloween Spiderweb Cake.
- 1 c. Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 egg + 1 egg white (egg replacer)
- ¾ c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- ½ c. milk of choice (almond, rice, coconut, dairy)
- ¼ c. unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ c. oil of choice (coconut, grape seed, olive)
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ t. instant espresso or instant coffee powder
- 1 oz. unsweetened baking cocoa bar (dairy-free or regular)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temp. (dairy-free or regular)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 T. sorghum flour (brown rice flour)
- 1 T. pure maple syrup
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray with non-stick.
- In microwave safe dish, cook cocoa bar for 15 seconds.
- Stir and cook another 15 seconds and repeat until totally melted.
- In second bowl, combine Zemas mix with sugar and espresso powder.
- In stand mixer with paddle attachment mix oil and melted cocoa bar.
- Add in eggs and beat on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add in applesauce, milk, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add in dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour into cake pan and set aside.
- In stand mixer, beat all frosting ingredients until smooth.
- For spider web effect, use a piping bag and round tip place the cream cheese mixture inside. (If you don’t have one, use a zip lock and cut the corner of the bag)
- Place a large dot of cream cheese in the middle of the cake (quarter size). Create 3 circles around the dot creating a bulls-eye appearance.
- Take a butter knife and starting in the center, drag the knife out. Wipe down knife and repeat 8 times around the circle.
- Bake 23-28 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry. Allow to cool.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- The cake can also become a Snowflake by running the knife through the cream cheese in the opposite direction.
- Love Zemas Halloween Spiderweb cake then try Zemas gluten-free Rocky Road Cookie recipe using our Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie mix.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/