Zemas Gluten-Free Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
No need to double-take on this ghostly treat, these mini chocolate cupcakes really are top 8 allergen-free and gluten-free!
- 1 Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix
- ¼ c. milk of choice (almond, rice, coconut, dairy)
- ¼ c. dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted (dairy-free or regular)
- 8 T. unsalted butter, at room temperature (dairy-free or regular)
- 3 T. oil of choice (grapeseed, coconut, canola)
- 1 ½ c. palm sugar (or sugar of choice)
- ¼ c. pure cocoa powder
- 3 eggs (or egg replacer)
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ c. water
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 ½ t. xanthan gum
- Buttercream Frosting
- 1 ½ c. butter, room temperature (dairy-free or regular)
- 4 c. powdered sugar, sifted (vegan or regular)
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 T. milk of choice (dairy, almond, rice, coconut)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill the cups of a large muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients; set aside. In a bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter, oil and sugar together.
- Scrape down the sides and add in the cocoa powder and vanilla. Add in the eggs, mixing after each addition.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the water and milk, take it off the heat right before it begins to boil. Mix in the dry and milk mixture, alternating each addition. This will look soupy, don’t worry it is supposed to.
- Fold in the melted chocolate.
- Fill each cupcake liner ½ full and bake for 15-17 minutes. Using a toothpick, insert into the middle of a cupcake, if it comes out clean remove them from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack before frosting. If it comes out wet, bake for a couple of more minutes, monitoring.
- Instructions for buttercream
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter. Add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Next, add in the milk one tablespoon at a time, you want the frosting to be spreadable. You may need to add more milk. You don’t want the frosting to become too thin.
- Once the buttercream frosting is finished and the cupcakes are cool, you are ready to assemble.
Ghoulish Ghost Cupcake
- Bake as mini-cupcakes for 8 minutes. Pipe on the buttercream any way you like, then top with a large marshmallow(vegan or regular). Decorate with your favorite dye free candies.
- Zemas favoriate egg replacer is a chia egg. Mix 1 T. chia seeds
- with ¼ c. water. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken/gel and that’s your egg.
- If you liked this recipe then you'll love our gluten-free Marshmallow Brownie Bites recipe
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/