Zemas Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie Recipe
Cookie jar alert! Fair-trade chocolate-hazelnut spread, toasted hazelnuts and our nutrient-rich ancient whole grains make this a holiday hit.
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie mix
- ½ c. cocoa powder(may also use cacao powder)
- ¼ t. xanthan gum
- 1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 c. oil of choice
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 1/3 c. hazelnut chocolate spread*
- ½ t. hazelnut extract
- ½ c. toasted hazelnuts, chopped*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, maple syrup, hazelnut chocolate spread and hazelnut extract; mix until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until fully combined and then fold in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Take about 2 T. of dough, roll into a ball and place onto a lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten and shape with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on wire rack.
- *Lightly toast the hazelnuts over medium heat in a dry sauté pan for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and chop.
- *Tip: We used Barefoot & Chocolate Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- If you liked these delicious Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie recipe, then you will love our gluten-free Chocolate Hazelnut Waffles recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/