Zemas Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Biscotti
Double the chocolate, double the flavor, none of the guilt with Zemas ancient grain, gluten-free Double Chocolate Biscotti. This double does of chocolate makes great holiday gifts or treats at a party.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix
- 2 T. oil of choice (melted dairy-free butter, grape seed oil, coconut oil)
- 1/3 c. pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs (egg replacer)
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. dried cherries, chopped
- 2 dark chocolate bars, roughly chopped (we recommend NibMor Dark Chocolate bars with cocoa nibs)
- 2 t. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- ½ c. sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat over to 325 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
- Whisk until combined then whisk in Zemas mix.
- Fold in dried cherries, dark chocolate, and the seeds/nuts (optional).
- Split the biscotti dough into two equal halves and place them on the parchment-lined trays.
- Wet fingertips lightly and shape each of the halved into 2 logs, approximately 12 inches long and 3 inches wide. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake logs for 20 minutes, then remove and cool for 15 minutes.
- While cooling reduce oven temp to 300 degrees.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the logs into pieces about ½ inch wide and lay them flat on the cookies sheet.
- Bake for an additional 12-15 minutes then remove, flip them, bake another 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container, fresh approximately 2 days.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Perfect for parties or housewarming gifts!
- Love Zemas Double Chocolate Biscotti? Try Zemas classic Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/