Zemas Gluten-Free Date Nut Waffles Recipe
Who doesn't love a fresh piece of Date-Nut quick bread? Here's our fall version of a delicious and nutritious Date-Nut Sweet Potato Waffle with a hint of sweet and crunch. Enjoy with a dollop of sweet coconut whipped cream or ginger infused syrup.
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Peruvian Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 egg (or egg replacer)
- 1 1/3 c. milk of choice (almond, coconut, rice, dairy)
- 3 T. oil of choice (grapes, coconut)
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
Date-Nut Chutney Ingredients
- 1 c. dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 c. raw walnuts, chopped
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 2 T. date syrup
- ¼ c water
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add entire mix to wet mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Spray with non-stick spray.
- Ladle 1/4 c. of batter into waffle iron and cook as directed by your waffle iron.
- Top with date-nut chutney(directions below).
Date-Nut Chutney Directions
- Simmer all ingredients in a pot over medium heat, covered, until dates are soft-about 10 minutes. Add water by tablespoonful if needed to thin out.
- Add a dollop of coconut whipped cream for a sweet treat.
- Top with toasted unsweetened coconut flakes for added crunch!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/