Zemas Gluten-Free Crispy Eggplant
Zemas Crispy Eggplant is a healthy and delicious dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 c. Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 2 small eggplants, washed and sliced in ¼ inch thick rounds
- 1-2 eggs
- 2 t. water
- ¼- ½ c. oil of choice (olive, grapeseed, coconut)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 2 T. oil of choice (olive, grapeseed, coconut)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 T. chopped basil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Gluten-Free Hot Sauce, to taste
- In a shallow bowl measure out 1 cup of the Multigrain Mix.
- In a second bowl whisk the eggs with 2 teaspoons of water; set aside.
- Heat ¼ of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dip one eggplant slice in the egg letting the excess drip off, then dip it in the rosemary mix.
- Place it in the hot oil and repeat with the rest of the eggplant.
- You want them to be brown on both sides, this will take a couple of minutes on each side, set them on a plate covered with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- While working through the eggplant heat a small sauce pan over medium heat with 2 T oil.
- Add the tomatoes in and stir often, until the tomatoes soften and the skins have popped open.
- Press down on the tomatoes to release some juice. Add in the chopped tomatoes, and season with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- If the sauce is too chunky add in a little water (1 t. at a time) until you get the consistency you desire.
- Serve with the eggplant and enjoy!
- For parties or larger families, make more eggplant using the whole package of Multigrain Pancake and Waffle Mix. You can also mix up your meals by using the rest of the Multigrain Pancake and Waffle mix to make Zemas gluten-free Chicken Fingers recipe!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/