Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Protein Pancake Recipe
No better way to start your family's day than with our superfood packed protein pancakes with added protein powder. Rich, decadent and a healthy source of brainfood.
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix
- 2-3 servings or (1/3 c.) chocolate protein powder**
- 1 t. baking powder
- 2 ¾ c. milk of choice (we used unsweetened chocolate almond milk)
- 1 egg (or egg replacer)
- ¼ c. + 3 T. oil of choice
- ½ c. pure maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Maple Syrup
- 1/3 c. pure maple syrup
- ½ c. natural peanut butter(no added sugar or oil)*
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Spray with non-stick spray just before cooking.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add entire mix, protein powder and baking powder and combine.
- Ladle 1/4 c. batter onto hot griddle. Cook 3-5 minutes on the first side, or until you see bubbles. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. (The added protein lends to a denser pancake).
- Combine syrup and peanut butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until well combined.
- Drizzle over the finished pancakes and sprinkle with chopped peanuts!
- *You may substitute any nut or seed butter for the peanut butter in this recipe.
- **Note that you can use more protein powder, however, the pancakes may be more moist inside than usual.
- If you devoured this stack of Cocoa Teff Protein Pancakes than you'll love this gluten-free Maca Muffin recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/