Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
This classic recipe got an upgrade using Zemas ancient whole grains and superseed packed Cinnamon Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix. Weekend breakfast treat or invite friends over for brunch, this vegan and allergy friendly recipe will feed the whole crowd!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix
- 2 ¼ t. yeast (1 packet)
- 1 t. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- ¼ c. water
- 1 c. warm milk of choice (almond, rice, coconut, dairy)
- ¼ c. butter, melted (diary-free or regular)
- ¼ t. sea salt
- 2 t. xanthan gum
- ½ t baking powder
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- 4 T. butter, melted (diary-free or regular)
- 2/3 c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 3 t. cinnamon
- 1 c. walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese (dairy-free or regular)
- ¼ c. butter (dairy-free or regular)
- 2-3 T. pure maple syrup
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- Mix yeast, sugar and water in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat milk to just before boiling, remove and cool for 10 minutes in a bowl.
- In second bowl, combine Zemas mix, sea salt, xanthan gum, and baking powder.
- In stand up mixer with paddle, combine warm milk, vinegar, melted butter and the yeast mixture. Slowly add in dry mixture.
- Oil a bowl and when dough is combined and sticky, scrape into the oiled bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place a dishtowel over top. Rise for 1 hour.
- Spray large muffin tin with non-stick.
- Using gluten-free flour of choice (brown rice, sorghum), lightly dust and an area to roll out the dough.
- Roll dough into a 12x14 inch rectangle with the long side closest to you.
- Brush the melted butter from the filling ingredients onto the dough leaving a ½ inch border on the far edge.
- In a bowl, combine filling ingredients of sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle over the butter, add nuts if desired.
- Brush water of the ½ inch of dough on the far side and starting with the side closest to you, tightly roll the dough away from you. When you reach the border of the dough with water, pinch the dough so the rolls stay closed.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the rolls about 2 inches thick. Place the rolls, spiral side up into the muffin cups.
- Place plastic wrap over the rolls and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with Cream Cheese Frosting and enjoy!
- Love Zemas Cinnamon Rolls? Try Zemas gluten-free Spice Cake recipe using the Peruvian Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle mix!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/