Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon Donut Holes
Zemas Cinnamon Donut Holes are a delicious breakfast treat. Packed with ancient grains and a light cinnamon sweetness, they are better than the store and easy to make!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix
- ½ c. butter, melted (dairy-free or regular)
- 2 eggs (egg replacer)
- 1 c. milk (milk of choice)
- ¼ c. oil of choice (grapeseed, coconut, olive)
- ¼ c. sugar of choice
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 c. sugar of choice (palm sugar)
- 3 t. ground cinnamon
- Spray a donut hole pan with non-stick cooking spray and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Or preheat a Babycakes donut hole pan.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together Zemas mix, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum.
- In a second bowl, whisk together butter, oil, vanilla, eggs and palm sugar.
- Working in three batches alternate adding the flour and milk into the egg mixture until everything is well combined.
- Spoon batter into donut hole well.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes in the oven or 10 minutes in the Babycakes machine until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- As donut holes cool, whisk together 2 c sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll the donut holes in the cinnamon sugar and enjoy!
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is a chia egg; combine ¼ c water with 1 T chia seeds, stir and allow to gel over approx 5 minutes.
- Zemas Cinnamon Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix makes other great recipes like Zemas gluten-free Blackberry Coconut Crisp recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/