Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon Cake Donut
The classic cake donut has received an upgrade with Zemas ancient grains and superseeds. Feel good about sharing these with your family and with allergy friendly and vegan options in addition to being gluten-free, share with everyone!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix
- ½ c. butter, melted (dairy-free or regular)
- ¼ c. oil of choice (grapeseed, olive oil, coconut oil)
- ¼ c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (egg replacer)
- 1 c. milk of choice (almond, diary, rice)
- ½ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1-2 T. milk of choice (almond, diary, rice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together mix, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum.
- In another bowl whisk together butter, oil, vanilla, sugar and eggs.
- Working in three batches alternate adding the flour and milk into the egg mixture until everything is well combined.
- Spoon batter into donut well, or you can pipe the batter into the wells using a piping bag.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- As the donuts bake, in a mixing bowl whisk the milk and powdered sugar for the glaze.
- Let cool on wire rack before glazing and top off the glaze with shredded coconut, chopped pecans or natural sprinkles.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx 5 minutes)
- Love Zemas Cinnamon Cake Donuts then try Zemas gluten-free Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes recipe, another delicious breakfast treat!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/