Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Tahini Cookie
Take your tastebuds to Israel this Hanukkah with this delicious and protein packed Chocolate Tahini Cookie. Nutty, sweet and rich in anti-oxidant cocoa.
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie mix
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- 1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 c. grapeseed oil or non-gmo canola oil*
- 2 T. honey(or pure maple syrup for vegan version)
- 1/3 c. tahini
- ¼ t. xanthan gum
- *Stick with a neutral oil so you do not take away the star ingredients flavor-the tahini.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer combine the applesauce, oil, honey, tahini.
- Mix well, then add in the dry ingredients.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Take about 1-2 T. of dough and roll into a ball, then place onto lined cookie sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Take out and let cookies cool on wire rack.
- If you liked this wonderful Chocolate Tahini Cookie recipe, then you will love our Gluten-Free Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/