Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
A better for you version of a family favorite dessert in my family. Rich and creamy cheesecake with dark chocolate swirled throughout is both beautiful and delicious. We love that our ancient whole grain cookies make this easy crust.
- You will need 1 - 11" tart pan with a removable bottom.
- 1 package Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 T. butter(regular or dairy-free), melted
- 2 -8 oz. packages cream cheese(regular or dairy-free)
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs*
- 4 oz. dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Finely chop the cookies in a food processor until they look like crumbs.
- Place cookie crumbs in a bowl and mix together with melted butter using your finger tips.
- Pour the mixture into a large tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix together for 4-6 minutes or until mixture is well combined.
- Reserve 1 cup of the mixture, pour the rest into the crust.
- Mix the reserved mixture with the melted chocolate until it's well blended.
- Drop the chocolate mixture over the mixture in the crust.
- Using a toothpick make a swirling pattern.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and set for at least 2 hours in the fridge before cutting and serving.
- *This recipe will not work with egg replacer. But you can use our vegan cheesecake filling from our Red, White and Blue Mini Cheesecakes-just do not bake once the filling is added to the crust. Chill to set up for atleast 4 hours.
- If you enjoyed eating this Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake recipe, then be sure to try out our gluten-free Almond Date Mousse Cups recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/