Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Waffles
Get flavor & nutrition for breakfast. Make the morning a little sweeter with Zemas Chocolate Hazelnut Waffles.
- 1 pkg. Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1-1/3 c. milk of choice
- 1 egg(egg replacer)
- 3 T. oil of choice
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- 2 ½ t. pure hazelnut extract
- ½ c. toasted hazelnuts, chopped into little bits
- ¼ c. chocolate chips(optional)
- Preheat waffle maker. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and then add in Zemas mix. Fold in chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Pour waffle batter onto hot waffle maker, cook until done(using your waffle maker’s cooking instructions). Top with candied hazelnuts and chocolate syrup before serving(recipes below).
- Candied Hazelnuts (for topping)
- ½ c. hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 T. butter(regular or dairy-free)
- 1-2 T. sugar
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add in the sugar and hazelnuts. Cook for a few minutes until the sugar is melted and hazelnuts are toasted. Set aside.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Syrup
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ c. pure cocoa powder
- 1 c. water
- ½ t. sea salt
- 2 t. pure hazelnut extract
- Combine all the ingredients(except for the hazelnut extract) in a small saucepan and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and let sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened. Add in hazelnut extract. Serve over warm chocolate hazelnut waffles.
- Tip: We suggest using organic evaporated cane sugar or palm sugar.
- If you liked this recipe, you'll love our gluten-free Chocolate Cake Donut Recipe
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/