Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Zemas Chocolate Cupcake is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next birthday or holiday party! Allergy friendly and vegan, everyone will be able to enjoy dessert and with Zemas superseed trio you can feel good about sharing them.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix
- ¼ c. milk of choice (almond, rice, coconut, dairy)
- ¼ c. chocolate chips, melted (dairy-free or regular)
- 8 T. unsalted butter, at room temperature (dairy-free or regular)
- 3 T. oil of choice (grapeseed, coconut)
- 1 ½ c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- 3 eggs (egg replacer)
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ c. water
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 ½ t. xanthan gum
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 ½ c. butter, room temperature (dairy-free or regular)
- 4 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 3 oz. chocolate chips, melted (dairy-free or regular)
- 1-2 T. milk of choice (dairy, almond, rice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill the cups of a large muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter, oil and palm sugar together.
- Scrape down the bowl and add in the cocoa powder and vanilla.
- To that, add in the eggs, mixing after each addition.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the water and milk, take it off the heat right before it begins to boil.
- Mix in the dry mixture and the milk mixture, alternating each addition. This will look soupy, don’t worry it is supposed to.
- Finally fold in the melted chocolate.
- Fill each cupcake liner ½ full and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Using a toothpick, insert into the middle a center cupcake, if it comes out clean remove them from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack before frosting.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter. Add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Add in the cocoa powder and vanilla, and mix until thoroughly combined and again scrape down the bowl again with a spatula.
- Add in the melted chocolate and combine.
- Next, add in the milk one tablespoon at a time, you want the frosting to be spreadable. You may need to add more milk, if that’s the case add it one tablespoon at a time. You don’t want the frosting to become to soupy.
- Once the buttercream frosting is finished and the cupcakes are cool, you are ready to assemble.
- Fill a piping bag or a zip lock bag with as corner cut off with the frosting.
- Gently pipe onto the cooled cupcakes Decorate as you desire.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Love Zemas Chocolate Cupcakes try Zemas gluten-free Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe using Zemas Gluten-Free Peruvian Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle mix.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/