Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Donut
Skip the store and make your own delicious and healthy donuts from Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff mix. Easily vegan and/or allergy friendly, making donuts on a Saturday morning are kid approved and fun for the whole family. Who said breakfast can't be sweet and healthy? Zemas Chocolate Cake Donuts are also a great alternative birthday or school snack!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix
- ½ c. butter, melted (dairy-free or regular)
- ¼ c. oil of choice (grapeseed, olive, coconut)
- 2/3 c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (egg replacer)
- 1 c. milk of choice (almond, dairy, rice)
- ½ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ c. chocolate chips (diary-free or regular)
- 4 T. butter (dairy-free or regular)
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 6 T. milk of choice (almond, dairy, rice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together mix, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum.
- In another bowl whisk together butter, oil, vanilla, eggs and palm sugar.
- Working in three batches alternate adding the flour and milk into the egg mixture until everything is well combined.
- Spoon batter into donut well, or you can pipe the batter into the wells using a piping bag.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- As Donuts bake, in a saucepan melt the butter and chocolate for the Chocolate Glaze.
- Add sugar and whisk, once combined add milk and vanilla. You can remove from heat at this point. Whisk till smooth. It will thicken as it cools.
- Remove Donuts from oven and let cool on wire rack before icing.
- Ice the donuts by either dipping them in the glaze or using a spoon to drizzle over top.
- Vegan donuts are best stored in air tight container in the fridge.
- Love Zemas Chocolate Cake Donuts then you have to try Zemas gluten-free Cinnamon Rolls recipe made using Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/