Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
With ancient grains and superseeds Zemas Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies make a healthy and delicious dessert or after school snack your kids won't be able to get enough of.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie mix
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- 1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 c. oil of choice (grapeseed, coconut, olive)
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1/3 c. almond butter + 2 T. almond butter
- ½ t. almond extract
- ¼ t. xanthan gum
- ½ c. almonds, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer combine the applesauce, oil, maple syrup, almond butter and almond extract.
- Mix well, then add in the dry ingredients.
- Mix until thoroughly combined, fold in chopped almonds.
- Take about 2 T. of dough and roll into a ball, then place onto lined cookie sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 17 minutes. Take out and let cookies cool on wire rack.
- Love Zemas Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies then try Zemas gluten-free Chocolate Cake Donuts recipe made from Zemas ancient grain gluten-free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/