Zemas Gluten-Free Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes
Kick up the weekend routine with Zemas Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 egg (egg replacer)
- 1 ½ c. buttermilk*
- 3 T. oil of choice (olive, grapeseed, coconut)
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- 1 1oz bag dried cherries, ground into a flour
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1/4 c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 2 T. starch (tapioca, arrowroot, corn starch)
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl whisk together egg, buttermilk, oil and maple syrup.
- Add the Zemas mix, whisk until combined, then fold in the crushed cherries.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle ¼ c. of the batter onto the hot griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- As pancakes mix begin cherry sauce. Drain cherries, reserving juice. Set cherries aside.
- Add water to cherry juice to equal 1-1/4 cups total.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and starch. Stir in juice.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Top your pancakes and enjoy!
- Dairy-free Buttermilk: 1 ½ c. dairy-free milk of choice + 1 T. vinegar. Allow mixture to sit for about 5 minutes before using
- Love Zemas Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes then try Zemas gluten-free Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes recipe, same easy recipe just a delicious new flavor.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/