Zemas Gluten-Free Cauliflower Au Gratin
Savory with a healthy upgrade, Zemas Cauliflower Au Gratin is a delicious side for any family meal.
- ½ c. + 3 T. Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 3 c. milk of choice (almond, rice, coconut, dairy)
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, shredded (dairy-free or regular)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6 T. oil of choice (olive, grapeseed, coconut)
- 3 T. leeks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray casserole dish with non-stick.
- Wash and cut up the cauliflower into 2-3 inch pieces and steam for 8 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add 3 T. olive oil. In pan, sauté leeks and garlic for 2 minutes, careful not to burn.
- Add 3 T. Zemas mix, stir constantly, making a rue. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, continue to whisk as the mixture thickens, approx. 7-9 minutes.
- Once thickened, add salt and pepper to taste and fold in the cheese.
- Place cauliflower in the casserole dish, pour the cream sauce over top and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining 3 T. of olive oil. Add ½ c. Zemas mix and stir until combined. The mix should resemble a coarse meal.
- Place the mixture over the cauliflower and cream sauce, don’t worry about covering every spot.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling. Allow to cool before serving.
- Love Zemas Cauliflower Au Gratin side? Try Zemas gluten-free Pan Fried Sweet Potato Pancakes recipe!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/