Zemas Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
Skip the store bought cakes and make Zemas Carrot Cake! Mixed up using Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix this cake is healthy and kid friendly. A delicious family dessert or share with a group adapting it to be vegan or allergy free.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix
- 2 c. finely grated carrot
- 1 c. sugar (sugar of choice)
- ¼ c. oil of choice (grapeseed, coconut)
- 4 T. butter, softened (dairy-free or regular)
- 2 eggs (egg replacer*)
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 ½ t. xanthan gum
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- ½ c. raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 c. cream cheese (dairy-free or regular)
- 3 T. butter, softened (dairy-free or regular)
- ½ c. pure maple syrup
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13” x 9” pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine entire Zemas mix, xanthan gum and baking powder; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and oil until well combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Fold in the grated carrots, raisins and walnuts at this time.
- Pour into your prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes.
- Let cool on wire rack while preparing the cream cheese frosting.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup and vanilla-whip until nice and fluffy.
- Spread on cooled carrot cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx 5 minutes)
- Love Zemas Carrot Cake then try Zemas gluten-free Classic Chocolate Cake recipe made from Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/