Zemas Gluten-Free Breadsticks
Zemas gluten-free Breadsticks are packed with ancient grains and superseeds, a perfect addition to any pizza night or an after school snack.
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 c. water, warm
- 2 ¼ t. active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- ¾ t. sea salt
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 3 t. xanthan gum
- In stand up bowl with paddle attachment combine water, yeast, sugar and oil. Mix for 1 minute and let rest for 15 minutes, until fluffy.
- In mixing bowl whisk together Zemas mix, sea salt, and xanthan gum.
- When the yeast mixture is fluffy add in half the dry mix and blend on low until combined.
- Add remaining mix and apple cider vinegar; blend on low until sticky and smooth.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover with oiled plastic wrap then place bowl in a warm place and allow it to rise for 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours, preheat oven to 400 degrees and brush a baking sheet or pizza pan generously with olive oil.
- Remove dough from bowl and form it into a ball, cut it in half, and then again in half making four even pieces. Cut each of these pieces into 3, so you will have 12 pieces.
- Take one piece and roll it like a snake, creating a breadstick that is about 6 inches long.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle your favorite toppings. Sea salt, oregano, garlic powder, parmesan, or red pepper flakes make great toppings.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Zemas Breadsticks are delicious and if you love these then you have to try Zemas gluten-free Eggs Benedict Waffle Sandwich recipe!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/