Zemas Gluten-Free Blueberry Waffles with Ice Cream
A deliciously nutritious twist on blueberry waffles for the summer! Stock up on farmers market fresh blueberries for added anti-oxidants. Our homemade(easy to make) banana-based ice-cream is awesome and dairy-free!
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 egg (or egg replacer)
- 1 3/4 c. milk of choice (diary-free or regular)
- 1/2 c. fresh blueberries (frozen works too)
- 3 T. oil of choice (grapeseed, coconut)
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- 2-3 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen overnight*
- 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk, oil and maple syrup.
- Add the Zemas mix, blueberries and whisk until fully combined.
- Spray waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray(if needed).
- Ladle ¼ c. of the batter into waffle maker.
- Cook as directed by your waffle maker.
- Place the frozen banana slices in a food processor and blend until smooth(this may take up to 10 minutes and you will need to scrape down the sides occasionally).
- Add the vanilla, maple syrup and 1/2 the blueberries and blend well.
- Pour mixture into a large glass bowl.
- Fold in the remaining blueberries.
- Place in a freezer safe container and freeze or use right away for a soft serve like texture.
- Place ice-cream on top of the fresh waffles and enjoy.
- If you enjoyed our summer Blueberry Waffles with Ice Cream recipe, then you will also love our gluten-free Blueberry Pudding Cake recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/