Zemas Gluten-Free Blueberry Pudding Cake
Mix up something sweet this summer with Zemas Blueberry Pudding Cake. Summer blueberries with Zemas superfoods pair for a perfect dessert to share at graduation parties, neighborhood block parties, or a family BBQ.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 t. xanthan gum
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 1 c. pure maple syrup
- 2/3 plus 3/4 c. milk of choice or heavy whipping cream (almond, rice, coconut, dairy)
- 1 egg (egg replacer)
- 3 T. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- ½ c. butter, melted (dairy-free or regular)
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 11 x 7 or 8 x 8 glass or ceramic casserole baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium size saucepan over medium heat combine blueberries, maple syrup, 2/3 c. milk and a pinch of salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg and sugar until combined.
- Whisk 3/4c. milk, melted butter and vanilla into egg mixture.
- Finally, add Zemas mix and xanthan gum into wet mixture.
- Pour warm blueberry mixture from saucepan into prepared baking dish then cover with the batter from the mixing bowl.
- Bake cake for about 28 minutes, until golden on top and you see blueberry mixture bubbling on sides.
- Cool for 20 minutes and serve in bowls with Coconut Whipped Cream, ice cream or regular whipped cream topping.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes)
- Love Zemas Blueberry Pudding cake then try Zemas gluten-free Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes recipe to fuel up the kids for camp or after a sleepover!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/