Zemas Gluten-Free Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Stack these pancakes high, Zemas Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes are sure to become as Saturday morning favorite.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 egg (egg replacer)
- 1 ¾ c. buttermilk (diary-free or regular)
- ¼ c. freeze dried blueberries, ground into a flour
- 3 T. oil of choice (grapeseed, coconut, olive)
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- 12 oz. fresh blueberries
- 3 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 T. lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl whisk together egg, buttermilk, olive oil and maple syrup.
- Slowly add the Zemas mix, dried blueberries and whisk until fully combined.
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle ¼ c. of the batter onto the hot griddle.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Top with blueberry syrup and enjoy.
- In a saucepan combine all three ingredients and let them come to a boil; then let simmer until blueberries start to break down and sauce thickens. Pour over pancakes and enjoy.
- **For a smoother syrup, puree the blueberries in a blender and then cook them down with the maple syrup and lemon juice
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- To make your own dairy free buttermilk, mix 1 cup unsweetened almond milk(coconut, rice, soy) with 2 ¼ t. apple cider vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Zemas Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes will quickly become a family favorite. Try Zemas gluten-free Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes recipe, same easy recipe, new delicious taste.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/