Zemas Gluten-Free Blueberry Banana Muffins
These ancient grain, gluten-free Blueberry Banana muffins are a great way for your family to start the day or as an on the go snack! Loaded with potassium, anti-oxidants protein and fiber and nutrient dense ancient whole grains to fuel your family all day!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 eggs ( or egg replacer)
- 1 c. buttermilk (dairy-free or regular)*
- 1 ¼ c. fresh blueberries
- 2 T. oil of choice (olive, grapeseed, coconut)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 t. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini-muffin tin with non-stick.
- In a bowl whisk buttermilk, eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Once combined add Zemas mix and the mashed banana.
- Gently fold blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling each ¾ of the way full.
- Bake 15 minutes, and then cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing.
- Finish cooling on rack.
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- *For Dairy-Free Buttermilk, mix 1 c. unsweetened almond milk (coconut, rice or soy milk) with 2 ¼ c. apple cider vinegar and allow to sit 5 minutes
- Love our grab and go Blueberry Banana Muffins? Try another grab and go recipe, Zemas gluten-free Harvest Muffins recipe from Zemas Gluten-Free Peruvian Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle mix!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/