29 May 2015
Blackberry Coconut Crisp Recipe
Zemas Gluten-Free Blackberry Coconut Crisp
Zemas Blackberry Coconut Crisp is a delicious and healthy summer dessert to share with the whole family or bring to the BBQ. Paired with a favorite ice cream or solo, everyone will love this dessert.
- 3/4 c. Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix
- 4 c. fresh (or frozen) blackberries
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. arrowroot powder, tapioca starch or non-GMO cornstarch
- 3/4 c. sugar of choice (palm sugar)
- 4 T. cold butter (dairy-free or regular)
- ½ c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ c. chopped walnuts (or sunflower seeds for nut-free)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and butter a deep 9 x 9 baking dish(casserole dish).
- Combine blackberries, ¼ cup of the sugar, lemon juice and starch, pour into baking dish.
- Mix remainder of ingredients and cold butter together until small crumbs appear (use your fingertips).
- Place mixture on top of blackberries and bake 30-35 minutes until light golden brown on top. Enjoy!
- Double recipe for larger crowd. Save the rest of the mix in an air tight container for another Zemas Crisp like the Berry Crisp recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/
Please follow and like us: