Zemas Gluten-Free Berry Bars
Zemas Gluten-Free Berry Bars are the perfect on the go breakfast and snack between after school activities. Easily vegan and allergy friendly you can share this treat with your kids and their friends without any worries. Oats, jam and a little sweetness, they will love these bars.
- Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix
- 3 T. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- ½ c. butter (regular or dairy-fre)
- 4 T. oil of choice (grapeseed, olive, coconut)
- 1 c. gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ½ c. fruit-juice sweetened jam (blueberry, raspberry, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with parchment paper.
- In stand up mixer with paddle attachment combine Zemas mix and sugar.
- Add in 2 T. oil and butter, mixture should be coarse but will hold together.
- Set aside 1 c. of the mixture for topping.
- Pour the remaining mixture into your pan and using a rubber spatula or wet fingertips press into an even, firm base.
- Bake for 7 minutes then allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- While the base is baking, combine the remaining mixture, rolled oats and 2 T. oil.
- Spread jam evenly over the base while warm then use your fingers to sprinkle the topping loosely over the jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool, cut and serve.
- Zemas Berry Bars are a great snack for your kids and their friends. If you love this recipe then you should try gluten-free Sweet Potato Carrot Muffins recipe, great for breakfast on the go or send with lunch.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/