Zemas Gluten-Free Beer & Bacon Waffle
Beer and bacon lovers unite with Zemas ancient grain, gluten-free Beer & Bacon waffles! We used spicy and sweet Siracha Bacon for a unique twist!
- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 1/3 c. gluten-free beer of choice
- ¼ c. milk of choice (almond, rice, coconut, dairy)
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- 1 egg ( or egg replacer)
- 8-10 slices of nitrate-free bacon (turkey bacon or vegan bacon-we used Siracha Bacon)*
- 3 T. bacon fat
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook until crisp, save the fat (if using traditional bacon).
- Preheat waffle maker to medium and spray with non-stick cooking oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients.
- Once combined add entire Zemas mix and bacon pieces.
- Ladle ¼ c. of the batter into the waffle maker and cook according to your waffle maker's instructions.
- *Turkey or vegan bacon may not yield the liquid fat needed (simply use 3 T. oil of choice instead).
- Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing ¼ c. water with 1 T. of chia seeds.
- Stir and allow to gel (approx. 5 minutes).
- Love Zemas Beer & Bacon Waffles then you have to try Zemas gluten-free Beer Brownie recipe made with Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix!
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/